|follow us on twitter||Follow @intolegalworld|
Mohammad Abdul Bari Institute of Juridical Science, a legal education centre thriving for excellence and performing as one of the best law colleges. Established in the year 2008 the Institute has moved a long way and stood against odds and proved itself to be a contender as Best Law College. The institute has entered into MOU with Lex Research Hub, an online learning platform for the legal scholar, founded with an objective to provide information relating to curriculum activity, guidance for the competitive examinations and offer courses for the students of management, law, social sciences and professionals. We are using modern technology to disrupt the traditional legal education across the country.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Mohammad Abdul Bari Institute of Juridical Sciences & Lex Research Hub are co-organizing a one-day Workshop on “Criminal Law: Practice and Procedure’’ on 12th August (Sunday) at Domkal, Murshidabad, West Bengal.
VENUE OF THE WORKSHOP
Seminar hall, MAB Institute of Juridical Science, Domkal, District – Murshidabad, West Bengal, 742303, India.
OBJECTIVES OF WORKSHOP
- The present litigation workshop aims to address the fundamental as well as contemporary issues of substantive and procedural criminal law.
- Court setup and investigative machinery, and the lawyer’s responsibility in connection with them.
- Role of a criminal lawyer in a trial, with special focus on cross-examination and examination technique.
- Drafting of key criminal documents (FIR, complaint, Bail, Protest petition, SLP, etc.)
- Case management and litigation strategy.
- Operational aspects in building a criminal practice: Billing, ethics, business development.
- Enhancement of knowledge, skills and learning from Industry top executives having decades of working experience.
TARGET GROUP OF WORKSHOP
Academicians, Lawyers, Practitioners, Government Officials, NGOs, Police Personals, Research Scholars and Students.
- Last date of Registration 31st July 2018.
- Workshop held on 12th August 2018.
- For registration without accommodation & travelling facilities: Rs. 1250/-only.
- Spot Registration Rs. 1500/- only.
(Registration fee is inclusive of kits, lunch, snacks and refreshments)
ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSPORTATION
- Boarding and lodging facility will be provided by the college on payment of Rs. 1500/. Per participant.
- Outstation Participants who will be availing accommodation from college will be given pick and drop facility from local railway station or bus stations by the organizers of the event.
FOR THE PAYMENT OF REGISTRATION
The participant can be made payment by NEFT/IMPS/RTGS/Demand Draft or Bank transfer in favour of:
|BENEFICIARY NAME||PARIVRITT ENTERPRISES PVT LTD|
|BANK NAME||HDFC Bank|
After the completion of payment, along with complete registration form all the participants are required to take a picture/ screen-shot of the receipt. And compulsorily sent an e-mail at email@example.com and CC to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of receipt and please mention (Participant
Name & Contact No).
For any details, assistance for information, kindly contact:
FACULTY CO-ORDINATOR: +91-7479023269
MD SHAKLAIN MOSTQUE: +91-7501232413
MOUMITA DEBNATH: +91-9564155544
NAYEEM FARUK: +91-9735526080
SK SUJAUDDIN: +91-9083441698
LEX RESEARCH HUB CO-ORDINATOR:
MR. PRODIPTA BARMAN: +91-9830476901
SONAM HASSIM: +91-8001324635
QUERY ABOUT ACCOMMODATION & TRANSPORTATION:
MR. YUSUF ANSARY: +91-9733718218
MR. KISHAN PAL: +91-8436736280
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
MAB INSTITUTE OF JURIDICAL SCIENCE
Maniknagar, Domkal, Murshidabad,
West Bengal 742303.
‘ONE DAY WORKSHOP ON CRIMINAL LITIGATION & TRIAL ADVOCACY’
|Registration & Inaugural||9:00 AM to 9:30 AM|
SESSION – 1
Setting the Law in motion in Criminal cases : ØBrief Overview of Cr.P.C.
ØRegistration of FIR,
ØArrest Custody & Investigation ØBail in bailable offence ØProcess in investigation including
recording of statements, Confession, case diary, Panchanama, Charge Sheet
9:30 AM to 11:00 AM
|11:00 AM to 11:15 AM|
SESSION – 2
Commencement of Criminal Trial : ØDischarge
ØCompounding & plea bargaining ØTender of pardon
11:15 AM to 12:00 PM
SESSION – 3
Sentencing, Execution and Appeals :
ØSentence, Suspension of Sentence and execution ØAppeal Revision
ØPowers of the court in Appeal and Revision ØSection 360 Cr.P.C. r/w Probation of Offenders Act
12:00 PM to 12:45 PM
|12:45 PM to 01: 30 PM|
SESSION – 4
Inquiry and Investigation ØFiling of Private Complaint
ØLocus/Rights of Complainant/Victim in a criminal case ØMagistrate’s power based on complaint- difference
between inquiry and investigation
ØBail, Anticipatory Bail, exemption to accused
1:30 PM to 03:00 PM
|TEA BREAK||03:00 PM to 03:15 PM|
SESSION – 5
Stages during Trial and before Sentence :
ØStatement of Accused ØTransfer of criminal case
ØPower to summon material witness Section 311 ØTrial in absence of accused Section 317 ØPerjury – Section 340 Cr.P.C. r/w relevant
sections of IPC relating to false evidence ØCommissions for examination of witness
03:15 PM to 04:30 PM
Valedictory and Distribution of Certificates
|04:30 PM to 05:30 PM|
* Participation in all sessions is mandatory for getting certificate.